If my parents are divorced or separated, how does Yale determine a Parent Share?

Yale believes that both parents have a responsibility to contribute toward their child's college education, even if they are divorced or separated. Therefore, we require financial information for both parents to generate a financial aid award. Your award letter lists one total Parent Share, which your parents may determine how best to meet. We understand that it may be difficult to provide accurate figures for both parents when applying for aid. Please contact our office if you feel your family's financial situation requires additional attention from our staff.