Where do I find a Noncustodial Parent Waiver?

Yale believes that both parents have a responsibility to contribute toward their child’s college education, even if they are divorced or separated. Therefore, we require financial information for both parents to generate a financial aid award. We understand that some families may have extenuating circumstances that would require an exception. In such cases, students may petition to have their noncustodial parent's financial information waived.

The Noncustodial Parent Waiver Petition form is available on our Forms page. Petitioning students should complete the form and submit it to Student Financial Services with the documentation it describes. If you have questions about whether a Noncustodial Waiver Petition might be appropriate in your case, please contact us to discuss the specifics of your situation.